Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July

We had a fun and exciting day. We woke up early to go to the annual ward breakfast at some members home and then headed over to one of our friends, the Kelly's houses, for a BBQ and some fireworks. The kids had a ball playing the with other kids and being able to light a few fireworks of their own. The hit of the night was sparklers for the little kids. I remember when I was a kid we would all go to my Grandma Hall's house in Eagar with all my other cousins. We would have a blast going to the parade, and then that night sitting in my grandma's back yard and watching the fireworks. After they were over we would do sparklers and my uncle Butch would always have some fireworks of this own to light off. We really missed our families yesterday but I'm thankful for friends that we have up here that are so good to us. I'm also thankful for our freedoms that we have and for those who fought so hard for our freedom. We forgot our camera so Billy used his cell phone, which doesn't take all that great of a picture so sorry about the quality. We only took a couple....I hate it when I forget my camera.

No comments: