Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Blackberry picking

Blackberries grow like crazy along the sides of the road so we decided to take the kids and let them pick some. They have a ton of thorns all around them so you really have to be careful. Here is Madisen picking some. She only picked a few because she kept hearing Billy and I yelling "ouch" from getting poked.

Koye had fun eating them. We gave them each a bowl to put their berries in. Koye's was always empty because as soon as he picked them off the vine they went straight into his mouth. We made him pose with these two for evidence that he did pick some.
Crew was the same way, instantly went to the mouth. I couldn't pick them fast enough for him. Here is our finished product. We thought these might be good on vanilla ice cream. Guess what we are having for dessert tonight!

6 comments:

Ron and Debbie said...

Dang! We should have did that before we left for homw. Where they good? Need to make some jam. The kids look so cute. We miss you guys a ton

The Goodman Family said...

I can't believe how big the kids are getting, Madisen especially. She looks so grown up. Shelley was looking at a jacked for Braelyn that was for a 16 months. I made the comment that it would fit Madisen. It's hard to imagine how grown up she is. I'll have to send some pictures we found of her the other day.

Four Boys and A BABE said...

I love peeking in on you guys and seeing what you are up to. Everytime you post a pic of oregon it makes me sick to think why we live here. We cant stop on the side of the road and pick berries. But we can pick corn. Ha ha.....miss you guys. How are you feeling Nicole?? Am very excited for you. FOUR is alot of work!!!!

Brent and Brooke said...

How yummy, berries with ice cream. It's not like we didn't eat enough ice cream while we were there, but we should have done that too. When does Madi start school? I bet she is getting excited.

Colton and Ashley said...

Hey I went private so send me your email and I'll confirm you as a reader

Colton and Ashley said...

oops...ashleyflake20@yahoo.com